IPhone users might have the feeling, what is the need for jail breaking iPhone? Of course, when you have an iPhone with you there is no need to alter it any more, jail breaking or not is depended on the user’s mind set. In this article, we will take you to the benefits and risks of jail breaking iPhone as per our knowledge. We will look to clear your doubts on the following queries: Is it safe to do jailbreak on an iPhone? How to jailbreak an iPhone? Is it really worth to do jail breaking?
Most of the iPhone users rate iPhone as fantastic, stylish, elegant and much more; they are extremely happy with the services provided by Apple iPhone and the thousands of apps in App store have always satisfied them. But there are crazy people in this world, who are not satisfied with whatever they get and always wanted to break free from the restrictions set by the manufacturers. They wanted to move a step ahead from the manufacturers, often individual programmers come up with amazing apps and really would like use for themselves or for others. These spirited people are called as jail breakers. From the days of iPhone’s launch i.e. 2007 they were playing Tom and Jerry.
Why iPhone users need to jailbreak?
The jail breaker’s frustration is reasonable to an extent. When you take Mac PC’s, it will always allow us to do almost everything you want like to use alternative software’s instead of the default applications say for example if you don’t want safari as the internet browser by default, you can always change it Firefox or whatever. But the case with iPhone is totally different, there are better alternatives for iOS’s default apps but even if try to change it some of the apps in iPhone will revert it to iOS apps itself. For example when you click on an email address or a URL, it will boot up with Safari at first. The other fact is that you are not permitted to change the default look of iPhone, taking control of downloads or to install any other apps from App stores other than iOS App store. Apple is dictating terms mostly, you can do things when they let you do and therefore iPhone users started jail breaking. If you want to do things on your own, then you will have to jail break iPhone.
Not familiar about jail breaking, here is a brief about it
What is jail breaking? Jail breaking is initiated to remove the limitations set by Apple, so that user can alter the iPhone software. The most hated limitation is app installation only from iOS’s app store. If you jail break your phone then you can install apps from the rival stores too. You will have to download the apps manually from internet.
How is jail breaking different from iPhone unlocking?
When you buy an iPhone from any networks who have taken it as a contract. It may be locked with that particular network. You can only use their Sim in that phone. By unlocking you will be permitted to use other network connections also. But it is not going to change the restrictions set by Apple, it remains the same. Unlocking can be called as breaching the mobile phone contract.
Benefits of jail breaking your iPhone?
- You will get total control of your phone.
- Can easily download apps from any App store, not just restricted to use apps only from iOS’s App store
- The default apps can be changed with the alternatives which you would like to have.
- It allows you to customize your iPhone’s look, create a feel which suits your personality. There is no need to stick with the limitations that they have set to have for you.
- It also helps you to create mobile hotspot, so that you don’t need to spend any bugs for that. You can easily by pass the restrictions set by them quite easily.
Is it legal to jail break iPhone?
Most of the iPhone users have this doubt. If you have planned about jail breaking your iPhone then move forward, there is no legal issues for jail breaking. You will get plenty of video tutorials and other resources over the internet, if you search for how to jail break iPhone? Watch it carefully, make sure that you are following every step precisely.
But it is always advised to take the backup of iPhone, which will help you if something terrible happens. See also the technical risk involved in jail breaking your iPhone before moving forward with jail breaking. To know more about whether jail breaking is really worth doing, read on this page.
Cons of jail breaking your iPhone
- It will void your iPhone’s warranty. It’s better to jail break your iPhone only after completing the warranty period as you don’t need to take the slightest risk.
- The safety features of Apple iPhone may get breached as you might think of dumping your iPhone with exciting apps but there is a possibility of malwares entering into your iPhone along with it.
- When Apple itself is providing you with exciting features, forcing iPhone to breach the security makes the device quite vulnerable.
- There is a slight risk of iPhone becoming nonfunctional if something goes wrong after jail breaking liking deletion of important files.
Are you thinking to do it?
It’s up to you to decide. You may decide to jail break to get more features or to customize your iPhone to make it more pleasing for you. Anyway we hope that you have understood the technicalities involved with jail breaking an iPhone.